AVG Internet Security provides complete security protection against all of the most serious Internet threats, including viruses, worms, spyware, trojans, adware, hackers and spam. Regular readers will no doubt be aware of the fact that I recommend AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition over popular paid for rivals time and time again. Ignoring the obvious “there’s no such thing as a free lunch” scepticism that I usually encounter whenever I talk about this application I’m typically also asked about the features missing; most especially a firewall. AVG are aware that their free anti-virus package doesn’t cover the needs of all users so they have also shaped a security suite going by the name of AVG Internet Security. Potentially the most important issue, it’s worth noting that the free edition of AVG Anti-Virus is not licensed for business use or for use on multiple machines; if you were planning to use the product at work or on more than one computer then upgrading is the only legal option.AVG Internet Security offers the following additional features:
Firewall – A firewall inspects all network traffic between your computer and the Internet in order to block unauthorized access to your machine. The firewall in AVG Internet Security is designed to be a more secure option to the way out bundled with Windows.
Spam Filter – The included Anti-Spam filter prevents unwanted e-mails from reaching your inbox while also defensive you against phishing attacks. The anti-spam feature in itself will be precious to most users; especially those that have no use for certain male oriented medical products.
Anti-Rootkit Scanner – A rootkit is a section of software designed to obscure the fact that a computer system has been compromised from both the user and anti-virus software. The purpose is that files can be changed and processes executed without triggering a conventional anti-virus scanner, including AVG free edition.
Identity Theft Protection – Following their conquest of Sana Security at the beginning of this year, AVG have started integrating their software algorithms designed to detect unusual malware prompted behavior designed to draw off passwords, bank account details, credit card numbers and so on. There are also a few other bits and pieces chucked in, including Instant Messaging protection, free technical support and a safe download manager making it a pretty ample package.
Key features of AVG Internet Security 8.5
* 100% virus detection – AVG’s scanning engine has received numerous awards for its excellent detection of “in the wild” viruses, including the VB100% award. Its unique combination of detection methods provides full protection against viruses, worms and trojans.
* Cutting-edge anti-spyware technology – Using the latest state-of-the-art detection technology, AVG detects spyware, adware, DLL-trojans, keyloggers, and much more. Malware hidden in data streams, archives, or the Windows registry is also detected.
* Full on-access protection – The powerful AVG Resident Shield provides maximum protection by scanning every file opened, executed, or saved. It also prevents the opening or executing of infected files.
* Flexible intelligent scanning – The AVG Resident Shield can include files from being scanned based on individual file extensions and can handle exceptions for potentially unwanted programs such as adware.
* Full e-mail protection – AVG checks every e-mail sent or received, providing full protection from e-mail-borne threats. AVG supports all leading e-mail clients, including MS Outlook, The bat!, Eudora, and all other SMTP/POP3-based e-mail clients, such as Outlook Express. Encrypted connections using SSL are also supported.
* E-mail spam and phishing filtering – AVG checks every e-mail received, using the latest technology and up-to-the-minute spam signatures to ensure maximum detection rates for spam and phishing attacks.
* Automatic threat handling – AVG can automatically heal or remove infected files and other threats such as trojans, worms and spyware.
* Control over all network access – The AVG Firewall monitors all communication to and from the computer, blocking external attacks and preventing trojans from exporting confidential data. The AVG Firewall configuration wizard automatically creates access rules for all popular software. In addition the firewall can switch profiles automatically, based upon the current connection type, ensure seamless changeover for notebooks.
* Powerful scheduling – AVG automatically provides recommended daily schedules for scanning and updating, and also allows you to create custom-scheduled events.
* Multiple language support – No need to buy a special language for more technology articles:http://www.technologyb2b.com
Technologyb2b introduce you with the latest buzz on new tech world. It is the right place to discover and shop tech stuff. The high tech stuff that we will cover here includes Desktop, laptops, software and hardware products, HDTV, home theater, and gadgets like (PDAs, cell phones, digital cameras, ipod) and even tech books also. It is the place to find hottest software and hardware and coolest gadgets. http://www.technologyb2b.com