Search Engine Optimization Gone Sour
Speaking from experience, Search Engine Optimization can go sour very quickly. When I realized just how important it is to the survival of not just my business but my very being, I quickly began to set a direction for the process and have come up with a few Web Task Sheets. I call them that because they give me a complete understanding of what I need to keep doing in order to keep ranking well. I am not talking about ranking number one on Google but rather about ranking well enough to get my companies and ideas out into the world.
It takes time and concentration and is a rather demanding job which only becomes encouraging when there are real results to look at.
SEO can quickly turn sour when you stop paying attention to all the things that you should be doing namely:
- Blog commenting,
- Article writing,
- Forum involvement;
- Social media presence and;
- Backlink building.
Some of my competitors are giants in the chosen niches but I still persist to rank well or sometimes outrank completely.
I have added the information from one of my web task sheets. This outlays a few important first steps in setting up a site and beginning to market it from scratch. I hope that it is useful to those who find it.
Although this is targeted more towards an installation of WordPress, it indeed can be used for just about anything that you need to market online with the exception of a few.
- Site Name
- Site URL
- Amatomu – blogosphere listing
- Technorati Blog Claiming – blogosphere listing
- Afrigator – blogosphere listing
- Blog Catalogue – blogosphere listing
- Webmaster Tools – Google
- Web Master Tools – Yahoo Site Explorer
- Web Master Tools – Windows Live
- Installed Analytics
- Ping Services – added to WP’s Writing settings
- RSS Submission _ I use an OpenSource program named Allscoop RSS Announcer
- Directory Submission via WebCEO & Monitoring + Setup
- DMOZ Listing?
- FeedBurner Setup
- Keyword Analysis
- Adsense Tracking Code via Analytics
- Twitter Page
- Facebook Fan Page
- Traffic Synergy Approval – Affiliate Program
- Facebook & Twitter Linkage
- Advertising Database Setup
- Commission Junction Addition
Well, those would be the first steps to ensure that there is consistent traffic flow. In my next post I will detail the everyday continuos optimization work flow that I use to keep ranking properly.
For more information about our work visit our Digital Marketing website. We can find many new and exciting ways to increase your impact in the world online.