Finding the right company to design and implement your website and development project(s) can be a tiresome process in itself and require a lot of research that may lead to uncertainty. To help alleviate some confusions I will walk you through what I believe a web design and development house should have under their belts to offer cutting edge design and development of your project(s).
Bear in mind that everyone requirements are different from the next person. you should ensure that your web design and development house can see your vision and goal and understands your market as much as you do, if not, better. Some people require simple web pages with just company information and contact details and in this case you can find a less reputable and/or established company and pay next to nothing to have your web presence available. However, there are companies that need online payments processed, large online stores and major graphics and or development tactics. In that case you should be prepared to pay the price or experience the negatives of amateurs.
Below are a six things to look for in a web design and development company:
1) Number of projects done. This is helpful to measure the amount of experience that a company has.
2) Will you be getting individual attention? This is important because you should a single point of contact so that you can have the necessities explain to you in language that you can understand and not technical jargon that would just confuse you more.
3) Don’t compromise on price. I cannot stress how important this is! Many people can design web sites, in fact, so can you. That said, how much do you actually know about design and implementation of a real, user friendly, dynamic website designed and implemented using PHP to allow for user interaction – do you know how to implement analytics, on page optimization, search engine optimization – etc? Well, if you do then stop looking for a web host and start designing your site! However, what happens if you do not? Then I suggest that you leave it to the professionals as it can take literally years to learn all that there is to make your website stand out, stand up and stand proud.
4) Quality – chances are that if the companies site itself is horrible looking (like so many “web designers’ out there) then they aren’t going to magically make yours look stunning. Also try and ensure that the company isn’t using templates for your site as this will inevitable bring down the value of your site and tarnish the image of your company.
5) Latest Technology – Prod and probe the company in question to ensure that they have the latest available technology and KNOW how to make use of it. The internet and technology is growing daily and your site needs to be a level above the rest.
6) Knowledge base and resources – How much does the company know about web design and development? Well, if you ask a simple question and recieve a whole of complicated answers with various potential pitfalls and the solutions thereof then you are probably dealing with someone who knows exactly what they are talking about! You should also ensure that the company in question has many resiurces avaiable and knows how to make use of them. No one knows everything but the company you work should be able to find and offer you solutions to the project that you want done.